Wednesday, October 5, 2011

New York {said with Brooklyn accent}

Since it's now officially Fall { my favorite season, mind you } I have this big hankering to spend all of mine and Justin's money and go live in Upstate New York for a few months to really soak in the greatness that is Autumn. Nowhere can compare to the Adirondacks in the Fall. Sooo gorgeous. Fall was actually my favorite season even prior to me living there. By the end of summer I'm sick of flip flops and shorts and I'm really anxious to wear sweaters, boots, oh so cute coats! { i love me a cute peacoat anyday! } 
Fall is just so much fun not only for the fabulous fashions but because it's cozy and cuddle up weather. Get a delicious vanilla steamer at Starbucks { can I go get one now?! } and curl up inside with a magazine or a good book. That sounds great huh? 
Anywho, back to New York. There are so many trees there. { hence the greatness } You know when you see kids on tv playing in a huge pile of leaves? I had always wanted to do that. I never understood how though. Montana probably doesn't have even half the trees that New York has. So to my pleasant surprise as I spent my first fall there it was awesome seeing all the changing colors of the millions of trees and then having everywhere covered in the leaves several weeks later. { prime leaf pile jumping material, my friends } 
On a related but separate topic, have you ever had an apple freshly picked? No, you say? They are exquisite in NY. White inside. { never saw that before or since NY } I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw one. I highly recommend you go pick yourself up some! Well worth the drive/flight. { while you're there will you pick up several dozen apple cider donuts for me? }
Now I'll let the pictures do some talking...


This is Hick's. It's where we went for apples and apple cider donuts. You can pick your own apples too!

So this is the great Lake George. Lived about 10 minutes from this beauty. Someday when Justin and I are extremely wealthy we're going to build a cabin here right on the lake and when I say cabin I mean gigantic mansion with a private beach and a place for all our water toys. { we gotta fit in ok?! }

Have I convinced you yet to go there on your next vacay? I did?! Great! Take me with you when you go. I'll be your tour guide. 

No comments: