Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lately...

Since being done with my internship and coming home from Utah, I've been working like crazy to make our Rexburg apartment the cutest apartment around! I've been on Pintrest constantly and started making a fabulous wreath for our little dining room. I love it so far, it's going to be excellent. Most of my time this past week was spent on staining our dining room table. About a year ago Justin found this Ikea table down at the crane yard. It was in the dumpster. This is totally a rags to riches story for this ugly duckling of a table and chairs. Just this past week I finally got to tackle this long project. 
Here's the before shot. Suuuuper homely, I mean ew, look at that awful sad color. 

Sanding. SO glad I had an electric one or else this would have not been fun at all. It still wasn't that fun but at least it was bearable. {Also, try to not look at me in this pic, I'm wearing Justin's work clothes}

So after hours and hours of me coming to the crane yard and conditioning the wood and staining and it, it's finally done! Hooray! 

Beautiful!!! Doesn't even look like cheap Ikea crap! 

I'm really happy with the result. It's gonna look so good in our apartment! I can't wait to get it there. 


No comments: